Edgar Schein presents culture as a series of assumptions a person makes about the group in which they participate.
Below are some “red flags” that may indicate there is a problem with the culture of the organization.
I am interested in any others, so please add your anonymous thoughts here.
The results will be published soon.
Some Red Flags
- Inner circles or cliques
- A pattern of unremediated errors or weaknesses
- Tightly controlled meetings (board agendas)
- Narcissistic or Imperial CEO
- Weak executive sessions
- Evaluations of senior leadership that rate each area as “outstanding.”
- View of the board by senior management (mushrooms, private club, etc.)
- What others (outsiders) say
Jonathan T. Marks, CPA, CFE