This one day Fraud Symposium, hosted by the Institute of Internal Auditors, Philadelphia Chapter, will include other topics such as:
- Fraud hotlines
- Current trends in white-collar crime (FCPA, FCA, etc.)
- Investigation pitfalls
- Third-party risk management
- Compliance and Internal Audit
- 7:45 to 8:15 Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:15 to 8:30 AM Jonathan T. Marks, moderator and partner at Baker Tilly in the global forensic investigations practice, will make some opening remarks regarding the current fraud environment and discuss the agenda. Jonathan will also be the Moderator for the day.
- 8:30 to 10:15 AM – Chelsea Binns, PhD,Assistant Professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and Author, is planning on speaking about her book “Fraud Hotlines – Design, Performance, and Assessment”.
- 10:30 AM – 11:45 AM – Zane David Memeger and Meredith Auten, both partners at Morgan Lewis in Philadelphia plan on giving us an Update on White-Collar Crime Trends, specifically trends in Government and Regulatory Agency Investigations.
- 11:55 AM to 12:45 PM Lunch and Networking – Tom Fox, plans on speaking about the expanding role of compliance and how internal audit can help.
- 12:45 PM to 1:45 PM – Bradley J. Bondi, a partner in Cahill’s litigation and white-collar practice groups and is a leader of its securities enforcement and regulatory practices, plans on speaking on Investigation Pitfalls and Mitigating Risks.
- 2:00 PM to 3:50 PM Joseph P. Buckley, president, John E. Reid and Associates, plans on speaking Interviewing and Interrogations – Assessing Subject Credibility . John E. Reid and Associates began developing interview and interrogation techniques in 1947. The Reid Technique of Interviewing® and Interrogation is now the most widely used approach to question subjects in the world and we will get a glimpse of the techniques at our symposium.
- 4:00 PM – 4:55 PM Gregory Paw, partner at Freeh Sporkin and an accomplished trial lawyer with extensive white-collar investigation experience. A former Deputy U.S. Attorney and past director of the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice, plans on speaking about Third Party Risk Management.
- 4:55 PM – 5:00 PM Jonathan T. Marks, Closing remarks
Location Exelon Hall – Just enter the building lobby at 23rd and Market Street and follow the signs down the stairs to Exelon Hall. No building access is needed for access to the hall.
Continuing Professional Education Credits – The Philadelphia Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
*Speakers and Topics may change due to a variety of factors. We will do our best to adhere to this agenda.