People, Process, and Technology!
Now, for tomorrow
At Baker Tilly, we create meaningful experiences with our clients to solve their most pressing problems and seize new opportunities.
Our relationships with clients are genuine. We understand their world today and provide insights that shape their tomorrow.
We collaborate seamlessly to serve our clients worldwide with more than 150 offices and professionals that understand fraud, risk management, compliance, and governance!
We provide board training on the most prevalent governance matters. We understand the importance of having sound governance and provide practical advice to boards to help them mitigate risk.
Our team’s broad background in financial reporting and operations, along with our understanding of the regulatory landscape and risk management, provides a perspective that few can match.
The reputational risk associated with fraud can be more impactful than the actual financial loss. Baker Tilly’s highly-credentialed investigation professionals help clients uncover issues and strengthen controls.
Preventing and detecting fraud
Our experience conducting fraud investigations allows us to advise our clients on measures to prevent fraud from occurring and detect issues before they expand. Our clients look to us to design anti-fraud programs and controls, perform anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance assessments, and perform proactive fraud examinations to identify possible red flags or indicators of fraudulent activity.
Correcting deficiencies, addressing gaps in controls, and remediation of specific issues is necessary at the end of every investigation to prevent the same or similar frauds from recurring. We address these critical client needs at the end of our investigations and assist with implementing remedial actions.
We have spent the last year developing a data analytics wire-frame that will enable the compliance function to start or enhance the goal of becoming business intelligent and increasing enterprise resiliency.
Financial Crimes – AML/BSA/Sanctions
We have an entire sweet of services from look-backs to model validation, to-assisting with the regulators. Our team has deep experience dealing with money laundering, sanctions, and other issues facing many institutions and organizations. The regulatory landscape has changed, and many are exposed if they don’t change too.
Organizations want advisors they can trust to assist them through their most sensitive business issues. Clients count on us because we combine our deep financial acumen with a collaborative approach to addressing their most urgent needs. We are present at the table with our clients alongside government regulators in high stakes “bet-the-company” matters to provide objective, fact-based findings on very sensitive investigation matters. We have built a strong reputation for supporting our clients from the identification of their issues through resolution.
Fraud puts assets, reputations, and even freedom in jeopardy.
For clients with so much at stake, Baker Tilly brings the breadth of perspective necessary to investigate thoroughly, assist counsel with litigating and remediate any financial misconduct.
Key Service capabilities include:
- 10-A investigations
- Accounting defense
- Internal audit defense
- Compliance defense
- Allegation triage
- Anti-fraud consulting, including fraud risk assessments
- Board training
- Class action assistance
- Compliance program assessment, design, and enhancement.
- Comprehensive investigative services, including hazing and workplace issues.
- Construction fraud
- Corporate accounting fraud investigations
- Corporate defense
- Cross-border investigations
- Cyber incidents
- Digital forensics (servers, laptops, phones, and other devices)
- Document review and analysis
- Damage calculations (lost profits)
- Data mining and analytics
- Electronic discovery and AI
- Expert witness services and other litigation support
- Financial statement fraud
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) consulting and investigations
- Forensic accounting
- Forensic technology
- Fraud risk assessments
- Governance reviews
- Integrity monitoring (DPA, CIA, etc.)
- Integrity due diligence – reviews
- Internal control review, design, and enhancement
- Model validations and tuning
- Monitorships and monitoring programs
- Money laundering, including look-backs and compliance
- Money tracing – clean funds exercise
- Pre and post-merger or acquisition due diligence
- Preventative client audits and assessments
- Regulatory matters (SEC, DOJ, OCC, IRS, etc.)
- Qui Tam matters
- Remediation assistance
- Remote Investigations
- Revenue recognition issues
- Root cause analysis
- Special board projects
- Supply chain matters
- Tax controversy – IRS matters
- Technical accounting matters (i.e., revenue recognition)
- Third-party program development and audits
- Trial assistance
- Training (customized)
- Whistleblower matters
- White-collar defense (CEO, COO, CFO, CCO, CAE, etc.)
- Witness interviews and strategy
- Other – please ask.
We have a diverse and talented global group of professionals that can handle most matters!
Call or send me an e-mail to learn more or set up a consultation.